The year that was....

My first post for this new year. And yes, its another clichéd one. But I really wanted to pen down those few moments of 2008 that have left a mark ….

Jungle new year celebrations
Amidst the jungles of Satyamangala forests, I beckoned the year, 2008. A fun filled and adventurous party. Thanks to a new gang that formed :)

Next step higher
Job kinda was satisfying and the icing on the cake was my promotion.

A loss
Amit’s grandmother passes away. A sad and painful loss…and a reminder of the losses Ive been through – losing both my grandfathers.

My Best Friend’s wedding
A gala celebration as this was one of the last weddings in my group. Memorable.

Mannat poori
A trip to Dharmastala, Kukke and Udupi with my folks. My parents mannat poori :) I finally performed the kalyanotsava and girija kalyana (Wedding pooja for Lord Balaji and Lord Shiva) with Amit…. a decade old mannat poori
There is still another one to be completed this year!

Birthday and Anniversary
A sweet birthday and a sweeter surprise from my sweetheart! This was followed by a beautiful first year wedding anniversary celebration. The journey thus far has been absolutely fantabulous and a dreamy one at that! Relaxed and rejuvenated at Maldives…I seriously would call it heaven on Earth!

Maruti’s goodbye
Being a typical Cancerian, this had to have a mention in the events of the year. Our famous and loving Maruti 800 saw sun set. Dad sold it with a heavy heart.
(Yes, I can be crazily sentimental about these things…it had served us for 10 yrs….)

More goodbyes and separations…
Two of my very close friends bid adieu as US and UK beckoned them. A last “Rachel” night out (those who’ve seen the episode in Friends where Rachel leaves to Paris, will understand) , tearful farewell et al. Guys, Bangalore rocks…so get you’re ***** here soon!!!

‘Oni’s’ entry
My husband’s fascination and dream come true. We finally buy a jeep - Willys CJ3B (World War II model) and christen it ‘Oni’ (shortened form of Onida – neighbours envy, owners pride)

Jungle trip....again!
This time in our Oni…superb fun and an exciting elephant encounter.

Back ‘home’
I got to live life exactly like it used to be before the wedding (Well, not that it changed too much ) Stayed over at my parents place…err…my place for a good 2 months, thanks to the construction happening at my in-laws place.

Back ‘home’ again
Felt wonderful getting back to “our” little den again. The cleaning, re-organising and re-furnishing was more fun this time around.

Birth of the Cook
This is definitely dedicated to my mother. I surprised her and even myself when I actually started to cook. A few dishes here and there and ta-da, a surprise packet. I finally learnt cooking! Its not rocket science but then for someone who didn’t even know how to make tea, I’ve surely come a long way….

The year for sure has been an eventful one. Just hoping for another wonderful 2009….cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I myself have nice momens with my used maruthi 800.I saw sunset and sunrise in kanyakumari beach.It's the wonderful moment.

Tej said...

I know..surely understand!