...and then there were none!!

*Disclaimer*

This has no reference to any person or animal alive or dead.

Word of caution: Do not read this post if any of the below is true

1. Your name is Meena and / or you are an extremely sentimental person
2. You cannot take things for a joke
3. You are a staunch non-vegetarian


Hi. My name is Meena. I used to live with my sisters in a beautiful home beside a lake. My owner was a bad man. He would come drunk almost every other day and beat up his wife. They had a little daughter who was way too adorable. I could say she was my closest interaction with a human there!

Every day, I would play with my sisters, be well fed and sleep well. Good days. All this came crashing down when slowly my sisters started disappearing. I was the youngest and well protected. When my eldest sister went missing, we all were shell shocked. We searched for her all over the place. Our friend, the owner's daughter also seemed to help us with the searching. But in vain. This continued to happen. We had lot of neighbours for company. They too complained of the same thing in their family. I was growing bigger and fatter, but things only got worse. Then came that one dreaded day!!

One early morning, when I woke up, I saw myself and 10 others like me from different families being taken somewhere in a moving vehicle. Initially we thought it was a picnic. We were being taken out to the town for some sight seeing by our owner. We had heard of the high rise buildings and were enjoying the ride till it lasted. Talking and chatting, cracking jokes. After sometime, we were taken out of the vehicle and into a house like thing. We were stuffed into a small compartment and left their to rot for a long time. This has perhaps been my worst experience till date.

It started getting stuffy, we were suffocating and were bored to death. Every morning, one of us was being removed. I do not know where and for what we were taken for. Rumour started to make the rounds...gruelling and disgusting stories were being told as to what seemed to be happening to the missing ones.

I reminisced the beautiful times of the good old days. Our owner's daughter and my sisters, happily playing near the lake. Tears rolled down my eyes. This was perhaps the first time I missed my mother. I do not have any memories of her as she died before I could start recognising people and things. But somehow today, I was missing her and wished and prayed to god to save me and take to to where my mother was!!

The door opened. We were 2 of us remaining in our room by now. The big man who would come everyday to pull one of us out came in, he looked at both of us with fiery eyes. I was sweating all over by now. His eyes were moving between me and my roommate. I tried to cross my fingers, clenched my teeth and closed my eyes. My worst fear came true that day. He selected me as the next victim!!

I was dragged out. I screamed and made all kind of noises. Tried to hurt, kick and bite him. But he was too strong for me. I looked around desperately for help. I knew no one. All were strangers. I was then taken into a kitchen where more men were waiting. I was placed flat on a table and 2 men stared down at me. I screamed the loudest and with all my gut. One man took out a huge knife like thing and I saw it coming down on me with full gusto.

Blashhhh.......

........ ........... ............ ....... ..................



PS: The story cannot proceed further as the chicken was killed to make a kabab.

5 comments:

beesinmybonnet said...

Ae Hucchiii!!!! yellida ee thara ideas hoLyatte ninge? Super anti-climax...

Tej said...

hehehehe....im crazy, you know that ;)

Anu said...

nice imagination!

Tej said...

Thanks Anu :)

Vinay Srinivasan said...

hahaha i loved how you changed the morbid feel of the story by a small cheeky post script :)