One Saturday!!

The time was slowly ticking. It was 4 AM in the morning. Never had dawn break been so haunting and the feeling was sinking in gradually. I was attempting hard to stop biting my nails. I knew I would later feel the loss of the manicured beauties.

I felt like standing on a precipice waiting for the winds to blow me off. Every minute seemed to last for an hour. I was getting restless and tired of keeping myself awake. My heart skipped a beat when I almost fell off my chair. I did not know if I could have the liberties to complete my morning rituals. No, I wouldn’t dare do that; I knew I was jinxed in such issues.

I thought of getting over the feeling. In order to spruce up myself a bit, I logged into the computer and listened to my favourite music. Suddenly, music wasn’t exactly music to the ears. There seemed to be something going wrong. I knew the song too well to miss the beats. Heck, no, it was my cell phone ringing!!!

The dreaded hour had arrived. I checked the time and it was half past 7 o’clock. I hadn’t realized the time go by, thanks to Pink Floyd. I managed to keep my cool. Luckily the matter wasn’t all that serious or so I thought!

The phone from then on kept ringing at regular intervals. I decided I had to go. This was getting hard to handle from home. Wait, I had oiled my hair. There was oil dripping from my head. I did not have that much time to wash it and leave. I was contemplating how long it would take to reach the dreaded destination…an hour, no an hour and a half maybe. Time was running out. It would have taken an hour anyway with or without the oil on my head. I immediately jumped into an old pair of jeans and Tee and headed towards the door. Now, my driving skills wouldn’t permit me to drive above 40 kmph. I needed help. “DAD”, yes, he’s the one …my trouble reliever. The next minute, we were speeding.

I finally reached the place after about 45 mins of sustained tension. 4 hours, 100 phone calls later things had settled down. I was dead tired by then. I slowly trudged towards the exit and waited for a cab.

The day had ended in another part of the world and I was going to wake up to party!

It was my first production release, a business critical application that I was solely involved in during the development and testing stages! There were issues and more issues, but I’m glad it finally managed to pull through and got into production. Phew!

0 comments: