Reality bites...

Back from a long wonderful holiday…back to the so called grind…back to blogging…back to picking up reading from where I had stopped….well, pretty much back to reality you could say!

I know I’ve been dormant for the past couple of months and this post would seem like a whirlwind of sorts. I will try and squeeze in as much as I wanted to over many posts in this one sitting :)

Firstly, I had an amazing 2 week break in Europe with close pals. And the travelogue for this will be coming up soon. It definitely deserves a separate detailed post by itself.

The past few months, I’d watched movies like crazy – back to back infact. I loved Madagascar 2 which I watched on the flight from London to Dubai. Its better than the first one.. I’ve also been tripping on Dev D songs….even when I was in London ;-). Abhay Deol rocks. I had watched OLLO and I really liked the movie. It was far better than Bunty Aur Babli and a shade more intellectual. Abhay has the not so good looking good looks :-D and a charm that makes the movie alive. I really did not expect Dev D to turn out to be such a dark comedy of one of the most dramatic and tragic love stories….watch it for it can get the neurons firing in your mind….

I’ve joined the Orbis Terrarum challenge this year and am very excited about it. You need to read 10 books of 10 different authors from 10 different countries by the end of this year. If you are interested, visit this site – OT challenge.

You can now expect a lot of book reviews to come up. The challenge started in March, but I joined only this month. Nevertheless, Ive finished 2 books for the challenge..but really lagging behind in the reviews. I know I will get them going up in a few days time..its just a matter of starting trouble for me….always!

The next thing on my mind is the election hyperbole. It’s definitely a good debate topic these days over a cup of coffee and turns out even better if the drink is beer! Interestingly, many people seem to forget this is the Lok Sabha elections and dont think of the bigger picture. You are not voting just for an individual, but indirectly for a group of people from a party to form the government at the Centre and rule you….so I seriously urge all the Indians out there to cast their vote keeping the final objective in mind too!! Ive done my bit and gone there and voted. Its only with abated breath now that I wait for the final results….

After all the noise, IPL is finally happening in South Africa. The fever is not as much as it was last year around, for obvious reasons. I have my own reasons for not following it this time (those who know me, will guess it right ;) )

With things settling down, Im slowly trodding back to routine…..and reality sure bites!!

0 comments: